There’s a commercial fridge for pretty much every situation, application and location - restaurants, bars, hotels, motels, cafes, dairies, supermarkets, delis, butchery stores, bakeries, ice cream parlours...the list goes on and on. As you’d expect, we sell commercial fridges for all of these businesses, backed up with reliable after-sales service.
One thing we notice when we sell new commercial fridges is that they’re replacing appliances that are very, very old. They’re well beyond their use-by date and have been for some years. This means that for the last few years of their lives, these older models have been operating at well below peak performance and that has been costly for the owners. We don’t want the same to happen to you. We want you to be aware of the signs that indicate you may need a new fridge so you can do something about it straight away. Here are a few things to look for.
- Leaks and frost build-up. Many people believe these things are just part and parcel of a fridge’s everyday operation but that’s not the case. Old and worn seals can cause water and air leaks, and the resulting condensation can cause bacterial growth within the appliance which has the potential to contaminate anything within the fridge. Meanwhile, excess water can lead to frost buildup which suggests the fridge is not cooling food at the right temperature.
- Food is spoiling earlier than expected and there’s a bad smell coming from the fridge. These are sure-fire signs that your old fridge is no longer capable of keeping food cool. You might be used to that smell but your customers will find it very off-putting especially if your fridge is the self-serve variety found in every dairy, supermarket or bakery.
- It chews up more energy than it used to. Higher power bills could be put down to your commercial fridge using more energy than before. This is typically caused by old and wearing seals which fail to maintain the correct internal temperature which means more energy is required to keep things cool.
- If your commercial fridge is starting to make odd noises it hasn’t made before, then you might have serious problems with the motor. Those noises will only get louder and motor issues will only get worse if you don’t do anything about it. The end result could be a total breakdown and that’s not ideal at the height of summer!
- Your fridge needs to be repaired more frequently than before. This is yet another sign that a new one might be money better spent. A modern, well-maintained commercial fridge will last for years and years, so it is probably a good idea to go for something that keeps the food fresh, and the drinks cold, without hassles, foul smells and ever-increasing power bills.
Contact us and we can help you replace the old with something new, and much, much better!