If you’re a regular visitor to our website, you’ll know that we’ve spoken before about how to organise your industrial fridge. In this post, we thought we’d move on from the “how” and onto the “why”. There are several key reasons why introducing some structure and order to your industrial fridge can be very beneficial to your business, and to the overall well-being of the bottom line. Here are just a few of them:
- You pay good money for the high-quality food and fresh produce you store in your industrial fridge. By having a properly organised refrigerator and a storage plan, waste is reduced if not eliminated altogether.
- Health code violations have seen many a restaurant and catering business closed down, and unhygienic food storage in the main fridge is often to blame. By staying organised, you stay on the right side of the law.
- Food tastes better when it comes out of an organised fridge. For example, salad leaves and berries should not be stored too close to the fan as that can affect their delicate textures and flavours. In a properly organised fridge, they’ll be kept as far from the fan as possible.
- A well-organised industrial fridge will operate at maximum efficiency by allowing air to circulate all around packaging. Warm areas and uneven cooling are avoided.
- Solid organization means smooth operation. Everyone knows where everything is and this means they are in and out of the fridge sooner.
- When a fridge’s shelves are organized things are far less messy and clean-up is much easier as a result.
- When you can see where everything is in your fridge, ordering and restocking is so much easier and effective. Those dreaded double-ups where you buy what you already have should become a thing of the past.
Businesses are doing it tough right now, especially those in the hospitality industry. Every dollar counts in preserving the health of that all-important bottom line, and properly organising your industrial fridge is just one way you can save substantial amounts of money. For more advice on anything to do with commercial refrigeration, please feel free to get in touch. We’re here to help!